Friday, March 28, 2008

I want to be like

Psalm 1
Oh, the joys of those who do not
follow the advice of the wicked,
or stand around with sinners,
or join in with mockers.
But they delight in the law of the Lord,
meditating on it day and night.
They are like trees planted along the riverbank,
bearing fruit each season.
Their leaves never wither,
and they prosper in all they do.




Too often I feel like I fail in all I do, which is not really true, just seems my failures seem to stick out more. Sometimes it is hard to get back up when you have been knocked down. It takes courage to keep on going, and deep roots planted in the truth.


Instead of delighting in the law of the Lord I can find myself dreading it, "oh that's too hard, too much, I don't see others doing that God."

Yet it is His law that guides me, that loves me, that frees me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was reading this psalm on April 1st..was planning to read one a day. i so much want to delight in the law by reading it every day but things happen and i don't get there. does that mean i'm really not delighting in it? But i do know that when i do i am like a tree planted by the water bearing fruit which makes me want to delight even more.